Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wednesday Funny

I have had a brutal week this week - too much to do, too little time, and so worked up over it all that I'm not sleeping right. Add to it the nerves and excitement about Lande's visit this weekend, and some of the challenges I've had with a couple of organizational things around that and it's a small miracle that the men in the white coats haven't come after me yet.

But then, this afternoon, I got an email from a client that was so ridiculous that all I could do was laugh. It said (among a couple of other things):

"I've changed the radio buy on a couple of stations in x, is that ok?" (not including the town because I haven't learned yet how big brother blogger is and don't really feel like risking my job over a funny anecdote).

Really? REALLY? This location is so small town, that my client literally called up his pals at the stations and asked them to move the schedule around without telling us a thing about it!! Especially hilarious because (A) we traffic their radio spots, so if we don't know that the schedule has changed it's likely the stations won't have anything to air and (B) we check the billing to make sure it's right before we send it on to the client for payment. Imagine what THAT bill would have looked like without the heads up! LOL!!

I'm not being sarcastic here at all - this completely had me laughing at my desk because it was so OUT there that someone would pay an agency to do the work, and then just go and shift everything around without even telling them!

Awesome!

No comments: