Sunday, October 4, 2009

Adventures in Plumbing - Part II

I did it!!! I replaced my whole garbage disposal and a corroded pipe, by myself, and in only about 3 hours. I am so proud, I actually did a little celebration dance when I was done! I will admit, there was one step that inspired some interesting swear words all strung together...seating the darn thing where it belonged and then trying to push the metal connector ring onto the attachment while turning it was near impossible - either two tabs would catch but not the third or I couldn't get the whole disposal in straight - and this thing is HEAVY. I think I pulled every shoulder muscle while trying to hold this thing with one hand while pushing and twisting with the other. But...VICTORY!!! :-)

Here's my old nasty one (see afore mentioned duct tape):


Here's my kitchen/temporary disaster area with the kick-ass tool kit that Mindy gave me for Christmas last year. I wouldn't have been able to do this without the kit!!



And here's my bright shiny new one, with the new pipe included:


Oh, and just because it wouldn't be complete - here's Lucy taking over where I left off. She was determined to help by chasing screws or trying to sit on me while I was working:

2 comments:

Michelle Edwards said...

I'm impressed!!! Go girl power! BTW, I love your new blog format!

Michelle said...

Thanks, I finally figured out how to work the cool little blog skins that you told me about! :-)