Saturday, October 3, 2009

Girl Power!

This is going to sound really random, I know, but I discovered there's nothing like buying a garbage disposal and a baby gift all in one day. Talk about girl power!

I hit the hardware store early this afternoon (it was supposed to be early this morning, but I woke up feeling like a**...sux when there's so much to do) and the man who helped me was so nice. I love Home Depot for exactly that reason. No one there treats you like a girl who knows nothing unless you admit you're a girl who knows nothing! And at least I'd looked at all the ins and outs of my garbage disposal - literally - and had written down the details before I went to the store...so that definitely helped.

Anyway, he took me over and gave me a general run-down of the tools I would probably need and how it all worked together. Then, as we were heading to the register he gave me what I would consider great advice: "Get yourself some beer or wine and go to work on it...and just be patient!"

Now that is a man after my own heart :-)

More to report after I actually get started on the process...hopefully tomorrow morning when I wake up full of energy (knock on wood)!

No comments: