Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Run like the Wind...On the Wings of Love

I love my friends! There's really no other way to say it - whenever I need them, even when I don't know I need them but they sense that I do, they are always there. And that is an everyday miracle.

My parents are back east with my grandad, and things seem to be ok on that front so that's good news. They'll be back this coming Saturday, so I might get an opportunity to see them in a couple of weeks.

In the meantime, the schedule continues to fill up on this end, but mostly with fun and exciting things! I've finally started running again on a fairly regular basis, and it feels amazing. My energy level is already improving, and that's saying something because I'd been dragging for the last month or so. I've also started in on the cross training (unintentionally). Last week was running, yoga, skiing, and then dancing on Sunday night.

Here is a plug for the Mercury Cafe (www.mercurycafe.com) - fantastic venue for all those who love to swing dance. I went with some friends, one of whom I've danced with for a long time. We arrived early enough to get in on part of the lesson, learned some new things (we're both pretty rusty), and then applied it! I have missed being picked up and thrown around!! The best part is that there's dancing on Sunday nights, so when there's time to cram it in before the week begins, all of us who love to dance are even in town.

I did learn, however, that it's time for new dance shoes. I think I pulled most of the muscles in both feet. But...totally worth it!

Now...one more plug before I head out to my new (kick-ass) yoga class. If you're watching the Bachelor this season, there is a fun blog that follows it and says all the things you know they were thinking. It's a pretty funny recap, so check it out if you get the chance:

www.ihategreenbeans.com

Have a great rest of the week and hopefully I'll have more things to post on soon!

No comments: