Wednesday, September 2, 2009

CSO Reaudition

The reaudition yesterday is over, thank goodness. I hate auditions SO much and it's even worse when you have to do it in front of your Grammy-winning director with no one else to sing with you. I don't think they'll kick me out, but I did ask for reconsideration to the Alto 1 part. I'm happiest at the Soprano II level, but know that I have challenges in the top of my range...and as long as they'll let me keep singing, I'll be fine. I wonder how to build confidence with this stuff, and assume it has to do with getting used to auditions so that they're not so terrifying. It only adds to the frustration that when you're nervous, they never hear how good you really can be!

I really hope that it's another 3 years before this comes up again. But, my friends all are the best and let me vent and call to check in on me...so as stressed as I am between work and this re-audition, I'm so lucky to feel loved!!

No comments: