Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Orphaned Tweets

I have failed, utterly and completely, at my test on Twitter. I go on there once a week (if that) and poke around, but just don't see the point of having an account since I don't feel the need to project my every activity to all of cyberspace. I will admit that I like seeing what the celebrities are up to, and have been following some of my favorite authors...it's neat to think that someone so well known could potentially have a personal conversation with you. But otherwise, I'm happy with my Facebook investment and will probably let my Tweets fade away into oblivion.

Here's an interesting article about Twitter, which discusses the fact that most of the tweets are made by very few. And some of the orphaned tweets listed made me smile. Enjoy!

http://www.slate.com/id/2219995/

1 comment:

Michelle Edwards said...

I had the same impression about "orphaned tweets." It seems like a lot of my friends, myself included, signed up to see what the hype was all about and then never returned. I love the title - "orphaned tweets."